Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is a mental disorder of the neurodevelopmental type. It is characterized by difficulty paying attention, excessive activity and acting without regard to consequences, which are otherwise not appropriate for a person's age. There are also often problems with regulating emotions. The symptoms appear before a person is twelve years old, are present for more than six months, and cause problems in at least two settings (such as school, home, or recreational activities).In children, problems paying attention may result in poor school performance. Additionally, there is an association with other mental disorders and substance misuse. Although it causes impairment, particularly in modern society, many people with ADHD can have sustained attention for tasks they find interesting or rewarding (known as hyperfocus).
Everything You Need To Know
- To Empower! Not Control! A Holistic Approach to ADHD
- How do Naturopathic Doctors Treat ADHD?
- 11 Natural Treatments for ADHD to Help You Focus Up
- A Holistic Approach to overcoming inattention and restlessness in ADHD
- ADHD, Lifestyles and Comorbidities: A Call for an Holistic Perspective – from Medical to Societal Intervening Factors
- Holistic Brain Health: ADHD and Omega 3s
- ADHD kids? Get rid of the sugar, add yoga and try this new technology to calm the mind
- A holistic approach to attention deficit hyperactivity disordery