Summer Care Tips
- What’s Wrong With High SPF?
- 6 Reasons Why You Should Never Use Spray Sunscreen
- Safe Baby’s Simple Sun Care Guide
- Sunscreens: How it Works, What it Means
- SUNSCREEN 101 Find The One That Fits Your Needs
- Summer Safety Tips: A Guide to Protecting Kids
- 2019 Safest Sunscreen List
- Aluminum Found In Sunscreen: Could It Cause Skin Cancer?
- Homemade Sunscreen It's Natural and It Works!
- Dr. Axe - Homemade Sunscreen
High SPF sunscreens not only overpromise protection but, according to the Food and Drug Administration, they may also overexpose consumers to UVA rays and raise their risk of cancer. FDA is proposing to limit sun protection factor, or SPF, values and increase UVA protection to ensure consumers get better protection (FDA 2019).
1. Inhalation of Sunscreen Ingredients is Dangerous and Nearly Impossible to Avoid
2. The Chemical Ingredients Are Linked To Health Issues
3. Inadequate Coverage = Inadequate Protection
4. People Have Caught on Fire After Applying Spray Sunscreen
5. Swimming Pools and Sunscreen: New Research
6. Environmental Concerns
With the summer season fast approaching and parents wondering if they need sunscreen for their babies and children, we’ve put together a simple sun care guide. You’ll find answers to the top questions parents are asking and our recommendations for the safest and most effective sunscreens.
These are the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about sunscreen.
Here's how you and your summer babysitter or nanny can help keep kids safe this season — without feeling like "Summer Cop," monitoring the fun right out of their vacation.
There are 265 beach and sport sunscreens with a green rating in EWG’s 2019 Sunscreen Guide. We took a closer look at the best-rated sunscreens marketed specifically for use on babies and kids. We selected the 27 best-scoring products:
When Activities Heat Up
Scientists are questioning the safety of aluminum added to sunscreens and sunblocks. Aluminum was present in all seven products tested and its content was of particular significance in three products. Aluminum is a pro-oxidant and could significantly increase the potential for oxidative damage in the skin.
Making a natural homemade sunscreen is easier than you think. All you need are a few simple ingredients to make a skin nourishing DIY sunscreen that works!
Conventional sunscreen can be full of harmful chemicals and toxins. Instead, try this homemade sunscreen recipe! Not only does it protect your skin from getting burnt, but also nourishes and hydrates your skin with essential vitamins and nutrients! Try it today!
- Natural Homemade Mosquito/Insect/Bug Repellent
- Organic, Chemical-Free, and All Natural Insecticides by EcoSMART
- A Natural and Effective DEET-Free Bug Spray
- This Natural Bug Repellent Works Better Than Deet
This natural homemade mosquito repellent works for mosquitos, flies and other annoying warm season insects. Apply your DIY mosquito repellent with confidence.
The EcoSmart Label for Ant and Roach Killer lists Rosemary and Cinnamon oil as the Active Ingredients. However, the MSDS shows Rosemary and Peppermint oil. Other products in the EcoSmart line use Sodium Lauryl Sulfate which is on EWG’s Dirty Dozen list of chemicals to avoid.
Especially if you are using a mosquito repellent regularly, a DEET free choice is the way to go, no doubt about it!
Products containing picaridin or oil of lemon eucalyptus worked better than DEET at repelling insects
- Kids Allergies: The Overlooked Cure
- Dr Axe - 8 Natural Allergy Relief Remedies
- 5 Steps to Track and Prevent Your Child's Allergies
- Natural Treatments for Your Seasonal Allergies
While avoidance is a prudent choice, it may not always be possible given that environmental triggers are increasing and all around us. In this article, you’ll discover the long-term solution for dealing with allergies that gets to the root of the problem.
here are many natural allergy relief remedies you can try first, such as using frankincense essential oil, eucalyptus oil and quercetin can help control your symptoms. Learn about eight amazing, all-natural home remedies for allergies that can help provide fast
Here are many natural allergy relief remedies you can try first, such as using frankincense essential oil, eucalyptus oil and quercetin can help control your symptoms. Below you’ll learn about eight amazing, all-natural home remedies for allergies that can help provide fast
An allergy is an overaggressive immune response triggered by ingesting certain foods, touching certain substances, or inhaling an irritant such as pollen or animal dander. Allergies to pollen, spores, mold, and dust (also called hay fever or allergic rhinitis) affect the respiratory system and are usually the most difficult to control.